What you need to know about Green Smoothies
- They are very nutritious they have Vitamin C, Calcium, and Magnesium.
- Green smoothie plays a critical role to the skin especially acne prone skin, it is also good for detoxing, anything to do with cutting down on weight issues this is the solution.
- It is important to at least take green smoothie twice a week
- Green smoothies are complete food since they have fibers
- Avocado plays a critical role in preparing the smoothies, it makes it smoother
- Always ensure you balance the fruits and greens for the nutritional value
- Always ensure there is a sweetener in your smoothie if you are starting this journey. The sweetness will motivate you try out different ingredients. Sweeteners include berries, bananas, mango etc.
- Alternate the ingredients each day however ensure they are balanced.
- Try not to add milk to the smoothie, it will lose its meaning (green smoothie) J, instead use water or coconut milk
- Ensure that you cut the greens into tiny pieces so that it is easier to blend
- Liquid should form the base then vegetables that are faster to blend followed by the harder fruits come on top e.g apples, grapes, pear, carrots, bet roots etc.
- If you feel like spicing up your green smoothie you can add cinnamon, coconut oil, flax seed, Almond Butter
- Add Ice cubes when blending to make it chilly, alternatively freeze the fruits before blending them.
- Serve immediately since it loses its nutrients when it stays longer
Below is a simple recipe for starters
- A cup water
- 2 bananas
- 1 mango
- 1 avocado
- Three spinach leaves
Blend for two minutes and everything together and serve immediately
Very Important – QUALITY BLENDER
GREEN VEGETABLES AND FRUITS
MIX ALL THE INGREDIENTS
BLEND IT FOR 2 MINUTES